Post by Komory Bat on Mar 19, 2015 12:59:25 GMT
[attr="class","defaultsubtitle"]CODE OF CONDUCT[break]
- RESPECT - Respect the staff and fellow site members. Do not insult someone for viewing something differently, for having a differing opinion, for disagreeing with you, etc. If a site member or a staffer requests you to stop doing something please listen to them or else staff will take actions to ensure you do listen.
- PROBOARDS TOS - Proboards has revealed their options for sites with higher than PG-13 ratings, but this site has not opted for that option. Due to this we ask that all mentions of anything that would occur between the sheets be taken off-site, as well as any excessive amounts of violence.
- ACTIVITY LEVEL - We ask that all members be able to be around and post roughly three times a week. Additionally, canons are required to maintain an activity level of at least five posts a week. If this is not followed, staff reserves the right to take a canon character away from the player. Should you know that you will be gone for any amount of time please inform us so that your characters and claims are not placed back up for others to use. Any absence that lasts longer than three days should be posted so that site members can adjust their plans accordingly.
Additionally, if a thread does not receive a reply within a week, and none of the participants have given an away notice, the thread will be moved to an 'inactive' archive. Should no further posts be made in the following month, the thread will be deaded and archived. Threads will only be brought back out if all members agree to have it unarchived. This is so that members do not find themselves stuck in a thread that no longer fits in with their character's personal timeline.
- WRITING LEVEL - there is no minimum word count on this site but we would classify ourselves as 'literate' to 'advanced literate'. We are more than willing to work with those who are beginners or those who are still at a lower writing level but only if there is a willingness and a want to improve. This means that we ask for you to not take offense if a staff member contacts you about the quality if your writing. We do this to help you, not to embarrass or insult you, and we would never do this is any public manner.
- RELATIONSHIPS: 'Shipping' characters together is immense amounts of fun and both your admins enjoy doing so. This site, however, is not just for that. This is designed for those who enjoy plot and story as well as simply deciding that character A and B are meant for each other. If you only want to join because of that then please take some time to consider either finding a new site, or exploring a new area of roleplaying. Telling the story is immensely rewarding.
Please be aware that just because a relationship occurred in canon does not mean it will play out here. Every player has the right to decide their character's orientation and who they do and don't like, regardless of canon. No one can be forced to play out a ship they do not like.
- PAIRINGS: With that being said, we fully expect that relationships will emerge. We would just like to remind all members that no one owes you a pairing, no matter how badly you may think that two characters belong together. Players may also support ships you do not - this is their right.
- AVATARS - Please make sure your avatars, both for the site and the box, are not .gifs. Staff will remove them if they are.
- SIGNATURES - Signatures are not used on this site. They have been removed from the skin.
- GIFS - The only place you may use a gif is in the 150x150 avatar of the miniprofile. Please refer to the miniprofile set-up guide for more information.
[attr="class","defaultsubtitle"]CHARACTER CREATION RULES[break]
- OOC NAMES: Please do not use the name or nickname of a canon character for your OOC name. Staff will ask you to change it if you do not comply with this rule. Please also do not use an original character's name as this will make it less confusing when referring to a member versus a character.
- REGISTRATION: When creating an account, please register using the character's first name only, for tagging convenience. If your account's registered name does not comply with this rule, staff will request that you reregister.
- APPING NEW CHARACTERS: The first two characters on the site are 'free'. Afterward players will be required to make fifteen IC posts with their characters before being able to app another one. This amount is required from all their characters; if there are two characters currently apped they both would need fifteen posts in order to app the third - when apping the fourth they would need thirty and the third character fifteen. Etc., etc.
Along with this, certain character types may have a cost associated with them. 'Free money' is only given for a player's first character; afterward, all money must be earned via IC posts in order to obtain whatever is needed to app whatever is desired.
- CANON/ORIGINAL CHARACTER RATIOS: In order to make sure the plot can continue to move forward on the site members are required to app a canon for one of their first two characters. Afterward one of every three characters apped must be a canon. There is no limit to the number of canon characters a player may have.
- ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: If playing an OC and there has been no absence posted, all claims and character information will be archived after two weeks. For canon characters, this time period is reduced to one week. Please inform us of any absences so that we do not archive a claim if you still intend on being active.
- CANON CHARACTERS: If you wish to app a canon character, post in the Canon List thread to reserve them. After reserving them, you have 72 hours to post a completed application. Once that has been done, staff will review the app within 24 hours. We may ask you to make changes to the application, or request a sample of how you play the character, which must be completed within the next 48 hours.
The sample prompt will be randomly generated and PMed to you by staff. These prompts are meant to test your ability to play the character ICly, and are made to ensure that you cannot recycle a post. (As a side note, if you find that you can, in fact, recycle an old post for the prompt, please let us know, as we would love to check out the site you used this on.)
We do not often ask for samples unless we deem that your app has a number of grammatical errors or does not provide enough insight into how you would play the character. This being said, staff also reserves the right to revoke the privilege of playing any canon if it is clear that they are being played grossly OOCly or is not following the canon activity requirements.